To get more information about figets:
- Read this excerpt about fidget bags from Paula Kluth and Sheila Danaher's book.
- Watch Paula's amazing video about fidgets.
- Read this article on fidgets and ADD.
1. First, broach the subject of fidgets individually. I had one student in mind who mentioned that she felt the most calm when she was able to squeeze and run her fingers through something. We went online and she choose this one.
3. I gave her 30 minutes to practice during her class of the day.
4. The next day, I had her put the fidget in her pencil pouch so that she can take complete ownership of the fidget. It is hers to use throughout the day.
5. Moving forward, I plan on introducing the fidgets to anyone that's interested.